Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Call me stuck up




You might be wondering why I've been so quiet about the whole "dating" thing. Well there is a good reason for that and - well i'm just not. I don't know what happened since the summer but it's like the entire thing just fell off. I'm still kind of looking around and open to this whole online dating thing.

It's hard to stay open minded and call me crazy but WTF is with these guys who live with their parents!!!! I don't care if you are a male or female but if you are above the age of 24 and you live at home. This is a problem.

I've been told this is a "city" way of thinking and that out there in regular places - this is acceptable. Am I nuts? I can't.

2 comments:

Laura said...

This is such a narrow-minded attitude in this day & age. I'll bet you accept all sorts of different cultural customs as you seem a reasonably sophisticated person, but you can't wrap your mind around the fact that there are people who want to live with their families? Can't you just accept that this is just a dealbreaker for YOU, and quit thinking of people as freaks?
I married & raised a family and am now back home at my Dad's living (I am female, age 43), and we both love it. I suppose it would depend on the calibre of relationship you have with your parents. We are very close, and we respect each other as ADULTS. Dad is not supporting me and I am not his caretaker. We live our own lives, let each other know if we're staying 'out' for the night, and we have whomsoever we wish as guests. We like each other's friends; and if Dad took a dislike to one of my friends I would take a second look at them myself. I suppose I am lucky in that my Dad is a GREAT guy.
Living with ones parents is not unique. In many cultures - of which America is made - families choose to live together. What other companion would be so supportive, reliable, trusted and have only your best interests at heart? But it requires that the parent sees the child as an adult. If you are dating young men who cannot support themselves, or want their mums to take care of them, that is a completely different issue and needs to be seen as such.

missyjoy2078 said...

Hey Laura - Thanks for reading and most of all thanks for reading enough to comment!

This blog is totally intended for pure entertainment and never as advice or anything too serious so yes - I thought that it did imply that this is a personal deal breaker. (I have a million hence my eternal single status)

The at home men I have encountered are EXACTLY what you described. Mom's do their laundry and pick up their socks and have no intention of leaving until they can find a wife who will take care of them in the same mother like way.

Thanks for reading and best of luck to you girl!!